Monday, July 14, 2008

Pioneer School, Day 1

I was so nervous this morning! I had butterflies in my stomach as I put on one of my new outfits, curled my hair (which I just got cut specially for pioneer school), got all my books together. When I arrived at the KH I sat in my car and called Zack for a little moral support, because I was afraid to go in. Even after the hours I'd spent studying the night before I felt so unprepared, and unqualified to attend. Then Trixy drove up and parked next to me, so I had someone to walk in with. That made it a lot easier.

There was a seating chart, putting us all in alphabetical order. I was pretty happy about that, expecting to be next to Trixy, but a couple of people didn't show up, we got juggled around, and I ended up in a different row with Larry and Carol Smith. That was just fine, too :)

Bruce Smith opened the session by telling us what to expect the next two weeks, and kind of putting all our minds at ease about the homework. About 2 hours a night, he said. No more than that. Which was very, very nice. He also got us all excited about the lunches. Apparently some congregations go to greater lengths than others to completely spoil the pioneers. "Y'all better look out, because if Carpenter Hills is catering today, they gonna mess you up," he said. "Don't expect the other congregations to live up to Carpenter Hills. They gonna mess you up." Everybody cracked up.

Surprisingly, once we got into the group discussions, I had no problem raising my hand. My nervousness sort of dissolved as we got into the material, which was extremely interesting and upbuilding, all about drawing closer to Jehovah. I found that I was really enjoying myself, and I felt happy.

Tacoma Narrows provided our lunch, and it was awesome. I was so happy to see little Gabby Pankaskie, the most beautiful girl in the world, and I promptly got her phone number and told her she has to model for me, while I try out my new camera (which I haven't actually got yet, but will soon). I can't wait to get some pictures of her. She is gorgeous!

I had fun at lunch, sitting next to my new sister-in-law, Courtney. She's really funny and nice. I found out, much to my suprise and joy, that her husband is the nephew of the brother who gave my wedding talk. I couldn't believe it! I am distantly-by-marriage related to the Raves now! There are tons of Raves out in Eatonville, and they are just the nicest ever. I used to want to marry a Rave, but there were none left. So I was very happy to find out that I now have a connection to the family anyway.

Anyway I've got to go pick up Zack, so I guess that's all for now. It was an awesome day and I'm super happy!



2 comments:

Abigail said...

Cool- I'm glad your enjoying yourself. Courtney? How is she your sister in law? Is she Ed's sister? I don't think I've met her. Luvs!

Anande said...

Courney is Sandy's sister. Sandy married Nick :)