As much as I was looking forward to taking a week off, getting to sleep as much as I want and eat ice cream for lunch, I have to say this hasn't been as great as I expected. Monday was pretty good - Zack was here, and I was pretty numb and happily out of it. Then, Monday night, the injections wore off, and the pain set in. Also, my face swelled up.
Tuesday I napped, changed ice packs, edited photos from Mackenzie and Daniel's wedding for about 6 hours straight, and in general felt pretty lonely and yucky and miserable. Also, I discovered that I am allergic to Percoset. I started itching all over, and my feet got very fat. Go figure. Tuesday night was terrible. Restless sleep, pain, bad dreams.
Yesterday my mom came to take care of me for the day, which was very nice. She folded laundry while I slept on the couch, fixed my liquid meals, and brought me heat packs for my face. We watched While You Were Sleeping.
In the evening, I made the mistake of thinking about my job at the clubhouse. Panic has set in. The school year is starting again, which means I'll have to start coming up with activities for Girls' Day week after week after week. I feel sick at the thought of so much pressure. I'm ok with small groups of kids, but with Harrison Prep having just moved into our building, I'm not sure how many girls will be showing up on Monday. Expecting Things of Me. I can't take it! I never, ever wanted to be a teacher, ever ever ever.
Arg, this is making me sick to my stomach. I'm going to go now. I need to take a shower. A shower and a nap.
My face hurts.
1 comment:
Hey- can you talk? Cause if your mouth is up to it it sounds like you need an up-beat phone call. Just let me know when your up for it ok?
Post a Comment