I really can't believe how time flies. 2008 is almost over! Where did this year go? I can't believe it's already been 8 months since I got married. Almost a YEAR since the day Zack proposed to me at Sunnyside Beach. One year has brought so many changes to my life. I got married, moved back to the city, attended pioneer school, made so many new friends...
Life is full of good things. I am very blessed.
So, the tract campaign is still going really well. I love being outside all day long, especially with the beautiful weather we've been having. After that one day of rain last week, it's been uniformly gorgeous. The mornings are cold and crisp, sometimes gray and misty, but pretty soon the clouds burn off and the afternoons are sunny and mellow. It feels sooo good just to be out, enjoying it, shuffling your feet through the leaves, smelling the woodsmoke in the air, spending time with your friends - and doing tons of door-to-door! I'm really loving life these days. I wish we had campaigns more often!
I finished two of my territories today, as well as working 2 that belonged to other people, so I'm feeling pretty pumped. It was a long but fun day. For lunch everybody met up at Mikie Burgers, which is a popular little burger stand on the corner of Center Street and Orchard. It's been closed for a while because of construction going on closeby - we'd been planning this lunch break for a while, and had to wait impatiently for the stand to reopen. Today was the day, and I finally had my first Mikie Burger and an extremely thick chocolate malt shake. We had to wait ages after placing our orders, because there were only a couple of people working the stand, and a lot of eager customers had shown up, needing their Mikie burger fix. But the wait was totally worth it.
Zack is going to auxiliary pioneer in November! It will be his first time, so we are both pretty excited. With the campaign and our circuit overseer's visit coming up, this is an awesome month to sign up. There will be tons of support, and I anticipate lots of good times ahead.
Other than service, I've been gearing up for NaNoWriMo, which starts on Saturday! I can't believe it's almost here! I've got my very first Nanomail from Chris Baty (the NaNoWriMo founder, guru, and number one enthusiast) waiting in my inbox. I haven't read it yet because I've got a little headache, so I'm waiting till later when I can really savor it. Those emails are the best - packed with inspiration and encouragement to cheer you on as you pound out your novel. I really, really can't wait - I've got my first few chapters all mapped out, and now I'm itching to begin. I've got only the haziest notion of where the story will take me - a scattering of ideas for the middle, and a definite plan for the end. The rest will be suprises, which is what makes writing (for me), so much fun. I can't wait!!!
More soon, I promise.
No comments:
Post a Comment