So today we started delivering the new tract! I love tract work - it's fun and exciting, and it feels like you're on a special mission. I really like the fact that we cover so much territory so fast - it gives a really awesome sense of accomplishment. This is a never to be repeated work, and I feel so blessed to have a share in it.
That said, I woke up early this morning to the sounds of howling wind and rain, and thought, "What a way to start the new campaign!" I wanted to pull the pillow over my head and sleep till noon. But I knew I couldn't do that, so finally around 8:00 I dragged myself out of bed. The morning actually started out pretty good for me, because the first thing on my agenda was a 9:30 Bible study. I didn't get back to the KH till around 11:00, and by then the worst of the rain was over. We did some apartment territory until 12:30, when the last of the sprinkles ended, and the sun came out. I was loving the sound of the rushing wind, and all the red and yellow leaves on the trees. The air always smells so good in autumn, and it made me really glad to get to spend the day outdoors.
While the sun shone, we did some regular door-to-door, and I encountered a lot of really friendly people. Finally, at 3:00, we headed back to the hall, and I ran home to have a sandwich and take a quick break. At 3:30 I was back at the hall. Bryson and I took 3 of the kids from our congregation, Briana, Shamika, and Javier, out to do some more territory. It was really great working with them and getting to know them better. By the time 5:30 came around, I was pretty tired, though! I was totally ready to go home and take a nap.
So all in all, day 1 has been a great success! I've got about 9 people written down to make return visits on, so that makes me pretty happy :) And now Zack is making macaroni and cheese, and we will cozy up on the couch and watch a little TV - if I can keep my eyes open, that is.
No comments:
Post a Comment