Zack and I had a pretty awesome day today. This morning we got to work with Luke and Ron in service. Luke is one of the young pioneer brothers in our hall. As soon as he got done with school, he went to Bethel. He was there about 6 years, I think, and just got sent home this past spring. Now he's going to nursing school and pioneering. Ron is his Bible student, a funny guy with a very courtly manner of speaking. He is in his 50's, highly educated, and likes to wear bow ties. At bookstudy, he always gives very heartfelt comments, and it's so cool to be able to see a new person take their first steps in the truth. Today he was really nervous about going in service for the first time. He went to the doors with Luke and just observed. Anytime I was getting in and out of the car, he would open and close my door for me. A little after 11:00, we took him to Starbucks for coffee break. There were already at least a dozen witnesses there, and we had a nice time.
It was so cool, getting to be there with Ron on his first day. Zack and I came home feeling very happy, and wanting to work with Ron again soon.
After service, we went shopping. I got a cute hat and and a very snuggly, warm sweater at Target. We went to a couple of thift stores so Zack could look for an old Polaroid camera (Polaroids are very in now on Flickr). We didn't find any, but I got a turtleneck and a brand new pair of gloves for only $3.50, so the trip was a success.
At home, Zack ate dinner and I read aloud to him from The Thirteenth Moon. He has never heard the entire story, and I need to get him up to date before I begin Spindle's End. Zack is the perfect audience, because totally gets into the story, and when I get to the cliffhanger at the end of the chapter, he goes nuts wanting to know what's next. Which is exactly the sort of encouragement a writer needs! I feel so lucky - I could not have found a guy more perfect for me :)
So now it's 9:00 and I still need to do some aerobics. I've done really well with my program so far, and I'm feeling pretty good, although it's hard. My legs are very sore today, and I feel like a stiff old lady whenever I sit down or get up. But it's a good kind of sore, and makes me feel proud of myself.
Anyway, so that was today.
No comments:
Post a Comment