I can't believe it! This is a dream come true! My sister called me yesterday morning and told me that she'd gotten a super good deal on airfare to New York in March, and had bought tickets for herself and Tate. Tate has never been to Bethel, and we have always wanted to take him. Now he's in his last year of college, and has the rest of his life ahead of him, and so it seems like the ideal time. I wasn't expecting my sister to just jump on the opportunity like that, though! She called me yesterday morning to let me know about the ticket deal, and asked if Zack and I could possibly come, too. I was kind of in shock, and my first thought was that there was no way that Zack and I could possibly afford it. Going to New York with my brother and sister has been a dream of mine for years, and I started crying after I hung up, thinking that I was going to miss out on it. I knew it would be something I would always regret.
I called Zack at work and explained the situation to him. He told me that he couldn't afford to take a week off from work, but when he heard how cheap the tickets were, he told me to go ahead and buy one for myself. He understood how much it would mean to me to be able to go, and he really wanted to make it happen for me. So after some hesitation, I went ahead and bought the ticket.
And so I'm going! For a week in March, with my brother and sister. We'll visit Bethel, Patterson, and the farm, do some sightseeing around the city, etc. I cannot believe this is happening. I have wanted to do this for so long, but ever since my sister got married, I never expected just the three of us to be taking a trip together. I am so excited, I can't even express it.
I really have the best husband in the entire world.
2 comments:
That's great! I'm soooo happy for you!! Isn't it wonderful how the unlikeliest dreams come true in the most unexpected ways! This really brightened up my day- I'll explain in my blog.
Oh by the way- you can turn off the word verification for comments. Go to customize, settings and then comments. Its closer to the bottom when it askes if you want word verification.
Post a Comment