My wallet is lost! I have no idea what happened to it. I've looked everywhere - all over my house, in other people's cars, at the Starbucks where I last remember using it - but to no avail. It is nowhere to be found. I've been checking my bank records online, and so far no one's used my debit card. I moved all my money to a separate account, just in case. I really hope I find my wallet tomorrow - my last hope is that it might have fallen out of my purse at the kingdom hall. I'll check there in the morning.
Anyway, so my sister picked me up at 7:30 this morning. We started out our day by driving to Spanaway and picking up the son of one of her Bible students, who recently moved. The Bible student's car broke down, so we gave her little boy, Jonathan, a ride to kindergarten. On the way we talked to him a little bit about Jehovah. He was very shy at first, but when my sister got lost and couldn't find his school, he was able to direct her right to it. Smart kid! I wouldn't have been able to do that at five years old.
Last night at the meeting we learned about how Jesus put his ministry above everything else. He walked hundreds of miles preaching the good news, and taught people about the kingdom when he was tired, when he was hungry, when he needed some alone time, even while he was dying. He gave up a life of ease and material comfort in order to invest all his energy into teaching people the truth. It's a really inspiring example to follow.
I thought about that today, out in service. The rain was still pouring down nonstop, for the second day straight. It was gusty and cold and yucky outside, and I would have felt really proud of myself for being out on such a day, if it hadn't been for the fact that I spent the morning riding around in Jack's Mercedes, doing calls, and we stopped at Starbucks twice. (The first time was to check for my wallet, but still, I didn't come out without trying the new Apple Chai Infusion. Too Spicy). I felt just a tad guilty for being so comfortable, when Jesus probably spent days like that on foot.
The afternoon more than made up for it, though. I worked with Darci, which was great. We were able to track down one of her calls, an old lady name Carolina Keeves, who had been moved to a nursing home, unbeknownst to Darci. We drove from one end of town to the other and back again, and when I finally met Carolina (or Callie, as she likes to be called), I was so glad I got to be there. She is the cutest thing ever! Flat on her back in a nursing home for two months, and still the biggest smile, and so happy to see Darci. I just kind of stood by while they talked a mile a minute catching up, and Carolina would say the funniest things, and make me laugh. She was a ray of sunshine in my dreary, rainy day.
After that we went on a Bible study. Raquel is one of the sweetest people I've ever met. She's newly baptized, and still going over the God's Love book with Darci. She has a toddler named Leo who is a handful, let me tell you! During the study he went running into the kitchen. There was the sound of a drawer opening, and him rummaging around. Raquel ran in and said, "Leo, no! You can't play with the knives!" (I am not making this up). Later he went in his room, and when Raquel went to check on him, we heard, "No, Leo! Keep your fingers out of there! You're going to get electrocuted! E-lec-tro-cut-ed!"
All I could think was, I really, really hope I am not pregnant!
It was a fun study, though, and all in all I got in 9.5 hours today! Awesome! Came home, fixed chicken and french fries for dinner, watched part of a dumb reality show, and suddenly realized how late it was, and that I hadn't even written in my blog yet.
OK, bedtime for me. I hope I find my wallet tomorrow!!!!
1 comment:
I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. As long as your not consistantly sick in the mornings and don't start changing your food tastes unexpectadly- you'll be fine. :-)
Post a Comment